We partner with Way to Go to assist families that are interested in carpooling to and from school with other families. Way to Go is a program of the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) that has been helping families in the region for nearly 20 years. PCK encourages you to consider carpooling for your convenience as well as reducing the volume of cars going through carpool each afternoon.
The program works as follows
In late May, we will send our family roster to Way to Go. It will include parent and student names, grades, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. Essentially, this is the same information provided in our student directory.
In early June, Way to Go will email families their personalized list and map identifying the families living closest to them (families without an email address will receive their list in the U.S. mail.)
After the lists are generated, families will be able to login to Way to Go’ secure website to view and contact matches, add comments indicating special requests or preferences (i.e., “can provide morning rides”, “student is in after school activities,” “currently carpooling,” etc.), and find matches for other addresses (i.e., second household, grandparents, etc.).
Note from Way to Go
Your information will only be shared with PCK families; Way to Go will not sell it to other businesses, agencies or third parties. Likewise, we ask families to treat the information with privacy.
There is no obligation to participate. The information is a great resource to meet nearby PCK families.
If you are interested in participating, you will need to take the initiative to contact families to determine interest and make arrangements.
PCK and Way to Go assume no responsibility, but provide information for your use. Way to Go does not run background checks, confirm valid drivers’ licenses or assess insurance coverage on participants. Potential users are advised to screen participants to their personal satisfaction and check their own insurance coverage for carpooling to assure they are covered under these voluntary arrangements. No drivers, vehicles or insurance are provided. Questions can be directed to Way to Go at 303-458-7665 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To opt out of information being sent to Way to Go please email Sandy Higgins (Carpool Coordinator for PCK)
Please refer to the Carpool Flow map above for a visual of the process:
- Two concurrent carpool loops run during afternoon pickup – one through the North parking lot, entering off of Centennial Dr. (North/Centennial Loop) and one through the South lot, entering from Pine Dr (South/Pine Dr. Loop). Your assigned loop will be the same for both drop off for morning carpool and pickup for afternoon carpool. Morning drop off begins at 7:35 a.m. and will end at 7:55 a.m.
- The grade of the youngest member in each carpool will determine the pick-up time and designated carpool loop for the entire car. Each carpool shift will have a specific colored sign (given out at Fall Orientation/Check-in each August before school starts).
Carpool Drop-off and Pickup for 17/18
Pickup Window Color Loop
3:10 – 3:20 Green K 2nd 3:20 – 3:30 Yellow 1 3rd – 4th 3:30 – 3:40 Red 5th – 8th
AM drop-off location and PM pickup time/location are determined by the youngest child in carpool. Use same loop for both drop-off and pickup.
- All cars must display the appropriate color-coded sign that reflects the pickup window, the last name of youngest rider and the designated loop. ONLY CARS WITH THE APPROPRIATE COLOR WILL BE ALLOWED INTO THE PARKING LOT DURING EACH WINDOW. This is a critical element in the smooth flow of our new process; we are not able to accommodate cars that arrive early for their designated shift because their riders will not yet be outside waiting in the loading areas AND there will be nowhere in the parking lot for extra cars to “wait”.
- Students are led outside by the classroom teacher at their assigned release time, 3:10, 3:20 or 3:30. They will be waiting in their designated loop for pick up.
- There will be an information and assembly table during Fall Check-in where families will make their color-coded carpool signs, pick up maps of the process and have their specific questions answered.
- Loading and unloading should always be done on the right side of the vehicle. Unloading or loading on the left side of the vehicle puts children as risk with cars pulling around to exit.
- Cell phones should not be in use during the loading process. Please hang up before going into the loading zone.
- Drive cautiously and slowly throughout the entire carpool process.
We have been very pleased with the efficiency and convenience that this carpool system has afforded us. Thank you for doing your part by arranging your carpools early and having younger students “practice” quickly buckling and unbuckling their safety seats. All families new to PCK will be given the same instructions and assistance…some may even contact you about joining or forming a carpool.
To reduce parked cars and confusion leading up to carpool, we ask that if you need to pick up your child earlier then the assigned time for your carpool that you do so at the front office by 2:45 P.M.
Some of our students use the Parker CallnRide service through RTD. This may be an option for some other families. For the 17/18 school year . . .
The Parker Call-n-Ride may be your answer. The Call-n-Ride is a small green RTD bus that operates within a specific area of Parker and is open to the general public. For the Fall 2017 school year, the Call-n-Ride routing for after school will be south on Pine, east on Mainstreet and south on Canterberry Pkwy to Hilltop. Depending on demand, the bus may go off the main street to drop off points in the neighborhood. The routing will be based on the most efficient routing serving the most students. The fare will be $1.30 per one way ride. Service will be provided on normal school days only. Service is not provided on early release days. To use this service you must have a reservation. If you are interested in applying for one of the spots, please contact Kris at email@example.com
If you have questions and/or concerns please contact the carpool coordinator
Sandy Higgins by email or by calling 303-840-7070.