FROM the DIRECTOR
In the spirit of keeping the PCK community informed about the backyard construction project, I will give bi-monthly updates as to what is planned, what to expect, and what changes may impact our carpool process.
For example, this week…
- Our Building Permit was signed and delivered…all systems are GO!
- The erosion control fencing was installed and a section of the 6ft. privacy fence out back was taken down to allow for construction vehicle access to the field.
- Construction workers will be parking in the South end of the small parking lot adjacent to the Lincoln Creek Park (Thank you to our LCV neighbors for granting us use of their parking lot)
- Stacking for carpool on the North loop was slightly impacted for a couple of days while the temporary access road was being built; we should be back to normal now.
- There will be additional construction traffic in the area between now and the end of the school year in May, especially entering and leaving our property via the new West access road. Please use caution when driving or parking in the Center Park Loop area.
- As always, patience and courtesy go a long way. Please treat the construction crew, as well as other drivers, with courtesy and respect. They are working hard to ensure our building project runs smoothly and completes on time.
- If you see anything unsafe, please notify us immediately so that we can address the issue with Iron Mike Construction (IMC). They are extremely responsive and will work hard to minimize disruption within our community and carpool process. If you see something that doesn’t seem quite right, let’s assume they don’t know differently. Once informed, they will readily adjust. I am happy to be our spokesperson, so please direct your comments/concerns to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As with our other construction projects, we will get through the temporary and minor inconveniences…I have no doubt. Patience with the process is key, as is keeping the exciting vision of what is to come in mind. Thank you for working with us to ensure a safe, smooth and successful project.
P.S. Construction workers respond very well to cookies and other baked goodies. Just saying 🙂 It’s a great way for us to show our appreciation for their hard work in all sorts of weather.
Tomorrow – Dress Down Day (all school)
Used Uniform Sale
This Saturday, January 28th
9:00 – 10:30 a.m.
PCK Elementary Lunchroom
Just a reminder: yearbook deadline is fast approaching! Please take the time to upload your pictures to our school’s sharing website ASAP. Or, if you have trouble uploading, you can also email 3-4 pictures to Joey Dame directly (email@example.com). Without pictures, we won’t have much of a yearbook! Thanks!
Hollywood Night Out
Saturday, February 4th
PCK Art Show Coming Soon
The PCK Art Show featuring art from Kindergarten to 6th grade will be on display during parent teacher conferences on the 15th and 16th of February. The students take pride in their art and the best pieces are displayed. Please plan to come a bit early or stay later to wander the halls and to vote for your favorites.
We would love to have student docents present to greet parents and assist the art teachers. If interested, please email Mrs. Barker. This will count towards community service hours.
STEM Challenge with LEGO
at Parker Core Knowledge
Fridays, Feb 3rd – March 31st
Next Spirit Night
Wednesday, Feb 22nd
11:00 – 8:00 pm
18741 Ponderosa Dr.
Be inspired by women in science! The Denver Museum of Nature & Science and CBS4 are excited to host the third annual Girls and Science event on Saturday, March 4, 2017. Click here for more details!